Consilium Academies was approved as a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) and an academy sponsor in January 2015. We have three hubs and eight schools who are supported by a central team. We do not have a lead school, instead we operate a partnership approach with a strong governance structure which includes a Members Board, Trust Board, and individual Local Academy Boards.Consilium's Aims
Consilium Academies has an inclusive partnership with its communities where lives are enriched by providing care, experience, and opportunity.
- To ensure everything that we do has a focus on helping children and young people to succeed to their potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
- To instil a passion for life-long learning and continued improvement so that our academies, staff, and students can grasp their aspirations and ambitions.
- To focus on the development of the whole child by providing exciting and challenging learning and extra-curricular opportunities and experiences.
- To create a family of academies that is inclusive and embraces diversity, where all members of the community feel supported, inspired, and empowered to succeed.
- To ensure all stakeholders are seen as partners in our work within the communities we serve.
Consilium works with schools and academies in a supportive way that does not detract from the individual identity of the school. We do not intend to impose a curriculum, a school day, or a uniform on schools and academies within our MAT.
Our support will be bespoke, always with the aim of providing the best opportunities to meet local needs. It is our aim to work with existing staff to create a truly outward looking and collaborative organisation. We provide school improvement support through the central team which includes: Leadership and Management; Subject specific; Teaching and Learning; Curriculum development; Assessment and Organisational Development.
We are aligning systems and processes throughout our school partnership and the input from our schools is therefore vital.
We are focused on developing the whole child and have recently implemented a Trust-wide character.